Date(s): Feb. 25 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Advanced UAS Integration
Professional Education Course (PEC)
Instructor: Scott Burgess
Price by Jan. 12: $445 Member | $655 Nonmember
Price after Jan. 12: $575 Member | $840 Nonmember
This course is designed for helicopter operators who’ve begun preparing to integrate sUASs (small uncrewed aircraft systems) into their operations. The regulatory environment changes frequently, and navigating this sphere is challenging. Mission planning for specific sUAS missions differs greatly from crewed flight operations but is equally complex.
Learning Objectives: By the conclusion of the course, participants will have learned:
- Examine platform identification and selection
- Appraise industry segment UAS uses and applications
- Distinguish airspace and flight planning requirements in this space
- Interpret specific airspace and operational waivers
- Inspect the FAA certificate of waiver or authorization process
- Investigate sUAS standardization.
View Full Class List
Dr. Scott Burgess served 27 years in the US Army and graduated from the US Army Command and General Staff College and the US Air Force (USAF) Air Command and Staff College. He earned a master’s degree in aeronautical science from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University while at Royal Air Force (RAF) Lakenheath in the United Kingdom, and a PhD from Northcentral University. Now, Dr. Burgess is continuing his academic career as a full-time faculty member at Embry-Riddle’s Worldwide Campus.