Date(s): Wednesday, March 9 | 8:30 am – 9:30 am
Rotor Safety Challenge (RSC)
Instructor: Frank Paskiewicz, FAA/Wide Area Augmentation System
This session provides an overview of the FAA’s five-phase type-certification (TC) process, focusing on the differences regarding uncrewed aircraft systems (UAS) certification. Topics comprise:
- Phase 1, Pre-Application: documents that must accompany a TC application
- Phase 2, Formal Application: FAA changes to the issue-paper process and the certification basis
- Phase 3, Design Assessment: the differences between small and large UAS
- Phase 4, Performance Assessment: durability and reliability testing
- Phase 5, Administrative Functions: TC issuance and project closure.
View Full Class List
Frank Paskiewicz has more than 40 years of experience in industry and government aviation, ranging from technical to executive positions. His comprehensive knowledge comes from over 28 years of experience with the FAA regulatory process, aircraft certification, delegation systems, surveillance programs and policies, and UAS certification and operations.