Unfortunately, HELI-EXPO 2021 cannot be rescheduled. Instead, we look forward to welcoming you to HAI HELI-EXPO 2022. Look for more information in the coming weeks about other ways to stay connected with industry members throughout the year in an online setting.
Yes. Unfortunately, we are having to cancel all official HELI-EXPO 2021 events scheduled to take place.
HELI-EXPO 2022 will take place March 7–10, 2022, at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas, in Dallas, Texas. Exhibits will be open March 8–10.
HAI has been representing the vertical flight community for more than 70 years. Decades of thoughtful and conservative management have given HAI a solid base of resources to rely upon in uncertain times. To that end, while the cancellation of HELI-EXPO 2021 is a setback, HAI’s commitment to our community will not falter, and we look forward to hosting our vibrant community in Dallas in 2022.
The HAI executive management team and Board of Directors are constantly listening. Our local partners in New Orleans had expressed optimism about our ability to create a safe environment for HAI HELI-EXPO participants. We heard from their on-site epidemiologist about the many steps the convention center was taking to maintain health and safety standards. We also heard from many members and exhibitors, expressing their desire to get back to normal and attend the show.
Until the beginning of 2021, all signs had pointed toward a successful show. Over the past week, as second deposits became due for exhibitors, a large number either pulled out or expressed discomfort with attending or exhibiting. The Board of Directors looked at the numbers and made a difficult decision that continuing with HAI HELI-EXPO 2021 was not in the best interest of the industry.
You will be refunded 100% of your registration.
All registered attendees should see a refund of their registration fees applied to the credit card with which they paid within 30 to 45 days.
Fees paid through HELI-EXPO registration for Professional Education Courses will be fully refunded.
All registered attendees should see a refund of their education fees applied to the credit card with which they paid within 30 to 45 days.
All fees will be 100% refunded; no fees will be rolled over to HELI-EXPO 2022.
Refunds will be made as soon as possible, with all refunds anticipated to be completed within 30 to 45 days. Refunds will be issued based on the method of payment used: those who paid by credit card will receive a refund on that credit card; those who paid by check will receive a check; and those who paid by wire transfer will be sent a wire transfer.
The HAI HELI-EXPO 2022 floor plan and application will be online in May. The Lottery 1 deadline for 2022 will be June 25, 2021. Assignments will be made based on the lottery following the deadline.
All 2021 exhibitors will be eligible for Lottery 1 for HAI HELI-EXPO 2022 based on the conditions below. 2020 exhibitors who retain their HAI membership for the 2020-2021 fiscal year will also be eligible for Lottery 1, as stated below.
Lottery 1, Stage 1a:
- Companies who qualified for Stage 1 for 2021 and rolled/repurposed their 2021 payment to 2022
Lottery 1, Stage 1b:
- Exhibits with a minimum of 2,400 square feet
- Companies who have secured a minimum of $40,000 in sponsorships and/or advertising (electronic or printed) between July 1, 2020 and June 25, 2022
- Companies who qualified for Stage 1 for 2021 and requested a refund
- Companies who qualified for Stage 2 for 2021 and rolled/repurposed their 2021 payment to 2022
Lottery 1, Stage 2:
- Exhibits with a minimum of 1,200 square feet
- Companies who have secured a minimum of $10,000 in sponsorships and/or advertising (electronic or printed) between July 1, 2020 and June 25, 2021
- Companies who qualified for Stage 2 for 2021 and requested a refund
- Companies who qualified for Stage 3 for 2021 and rolled/repurposed their 2021 payment to 2022
Lottery 1, Stage 3:
- Exhibits smaller than 1,200 square feet
- Companies who and secured a minimum of $5,000 in sponsorships and/or advertising (electronic or printed) between July 1, 2020 and June 25, 2021
- Companies who qualified for Stage 3 for 2021 and requested a refund
Lottery 1, Stage 4:
- Companies who did not apply to exhibit in 2021, but exhibited in 2020 and retained their HAI membership for the 2020-2021 dues year
Lottery 1, Stage 5 – Static booths
Exhibit rates for HAI HELI-EXPO 2022 will be the same as the published 2021 rates.
onPeak, the official housing provider for HAI HELI-EXPO 2021, will take care of canceling all hotel reservations booked through them. No further action is necessary if you booked through onPeak; your hotel will be canceled for you and your credit card will not be charged. Please contact onPeak at 312-527-7300 or heliexpohousing@onPeak.com if you have additional questions about your reservations in the HAI HELI-EXPO 2021 housing block.
If you did not book through onPeak, you are responsible for canceling your hotel room. If you made your reservations through any other booking site or agency, please review your confirmation or contact your hotel directly for specific cancellation and refund policies.
If you still plan to travel to New Orleans over the original dates of the show, you will need to contact the hotel directly to make new reservations. Because HAI negotiates discounted room rates for HAI HELI-EXPO attendees, your new room rates may vary.
Exhibitors with questions about booth payment or status, please contact Katie White at email@example.com or call 352-388-7031. If you have any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-4646.